Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Teaser Trailer for "Nineteen Minutes" by Jodi Picoult

I always call myself "an artist at heart" because, while I am not a professional artist, I love creating things and participating in almost any form of art. Creating videos and presentations, as I have done here, is just another form of art in my eyes. Therefore, I really loved going through the process of creating this presentation. From writing the script, to building the Google Slides presentation, to recording myself, and finally to uploading the video to YouTube and this blog, I loved it all! I was especially happy to be able to talk about a book of my choice. It is always easier to complete your work when it revolves around something you are really interested in.

After completing this project, I hope I will be able to remember Screencast-O-Matic a year or two from now so that I can share it with my future classes. For someone who often struggles with technology, I can say that this tool was very easy to use and could be quite useful for other students when creating projects.
 
Below is a link to my teaser trailer for the novel "Nineteen Minutes" by Jodi Picoult:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIfwknwEtus

3 comments:

  1. Hi Courtney! I read Nineteen Minutes a long time ago and had forgotten many of the characters, but your trailer did a good job of reintroducing me to the novel. I liked how you provided examples of different important themes in the book as well as pointing out its continued relevance. You also did a good job giving a sense of what the book was about and making it sound like an appealing read without giving away much of the plot. And I liked how you had multiple photos on many of the slides, which made the video more interesting visually. I could definitely tell that you were interested in the subject and had enjoyed working on the project. Nice job with your video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courtney,

    I'm familiar with some of Picoult's work, but I haven't read this book before. You do a good job of speaking to readers like me in this novel. You provide great details and images in your presentation. You introduce key themes and explore how they work in the novel, but you don't spoil details. You show why the book could be important to teenage readers and adult readers alike. I was intrigued by the details and perspectives you shared.

    Your narration is clear and your images are well-chosen. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Courtney!

    I haven't read any Jodi Picoult but I remember hearing about My Sister's Keeper when it came out. Your trailer does a good job of teasing the kinds of things she writes about and what expect from the book. Despite that the book is about a school shooting, you don't give away much of the plot and it makes me curious as a reader. I also appreciate the way you relate the story to current events and explain how fiction can help humanize people.

    ReplyDelete